Tuesday 4 September 2012

Stonehenge

Yesterday we went to see Stonehenge. I was so excited because it was such a beautiful day outside. We wanted to bring Lizzy with us, but they only allow assistance dogs. I thought I could convince someone that she was an assistance dog, but Steven said no.

 It was a two and a half hour drive to get there so we wanted to spend as much time there as possible. They give you these recorders with all the history on it for you to listen to while you walk around the site. I have ADD, and was unmedicated that day. So if you would like to know any of that information you will need to ask Steven. It did catch my attention when they started talking about the myths. The most popular myth is that Stonehenge was built by aliens. There is another that says that wizard Merlin built it with magic, and another that says it as built by giants. The funniest story is that the devil tricked an old woman in Ireland into giving him the stones and flew them to where they are now in Salisbury, and that he dropped a few in the country side on the way. The ones he dropped are still there to this day. I personally don't believe any of this. I think that because Stonehenge was built so long ago all records of how it was built have been lost. Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it must have been aliens!

No matter how or why it was constructed, it is a magnificent sight, and an experience I will never forget.

Here is our favorite photo.


For those of you who don't know, Steven enjoys annoying me. His favorite form is to tickle me until I get the hiccups. Apparently I have very funny hiccups, because when he succeeds he laughs uncontrollably until I manage to get rid of them. On this occasion he decided to take pictures of me without telling me he was doing so..


This is when I figured it out.


But I smiled anyway and it turned out to be a pretty good photo. 


After we left Stonehenge we went to see the ruins of Old Sarum Castle, which was nearby. There was barely anything left of the castle, but the view was great.


As I said earlier it was a beautiful sunny day. So I opted for a sleeveless shirt. As you can see I have become very pale since arriving in England, and I wasn't wearing any sun screen. I'm sure you can figure the rest out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment